First of all let us wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy holiday season.
I got back from Warwick where there was a small amount of cars but large in damage hail storm, most cars were (flogged). It was not too bad, as we could knock a car over a day, and most had good prices on them. Hot!! about 45 degrees in the shade, the air is also very dry out there, with a lot of dust, making fluid intake a requirement.
There was another big storm come though while we were there, blacking out the whole town for about 3 hours, we had to sit in the dark at the pub and hope the lights would return so we could get a feed.
Just quickly fill you in on what is happening with Version 3.0 of PDR Quote.
As Shelley may have mentioned last month (Thanks Hun) PDR Quote has now been certified with Arnie, meaning you can now input your quotes/invoices directly in to the systems of these insurance companies.
- Suncorp Insurance
- Racq Insurance
- AMP Insurance
- SIS Insurance
- GIO Insurance
- VERO Insurance
- VEROCP Insurance
Just like the main Body shop programs do without the 5 thousand dollar price tag.
I think the Insurance companies are excited about this also, as this means they no longer have to deal with PDR Quotes by hand, and it sure does make getting paid a whole lot faster.
The Arnie down loadable content is an added price, you will be able to buy this feature in the App, by hitting the store button on the main screen, as it is mainly for Australian and NZ techs and companies.
Other major upgrades to this version are
- Logo - You can now add a logo to your PDF page, and also customize the positioning between right side and middle of the page.
- Watermark - you can now add a watermark of a car behind the detail of the Invoice, this adds more depth and further customizing. You can also choose between different cars giving you even more customizing options.
- All Main Labels Customize - Every main label can now be your own, basically you can change it to your own language or to your own terms.
- Improved Insurance - Major upgrade to the insurance companies fields. You can now include repairer codes, there Tax codes and notes on each one. I also changed the way the program saves this data, in a future release some time next year, i will be converting all data to a saved database, so you will be able to retrieve past quotes and invoices and increase searching options.
- Parts overhaul - Parts have been redone to now include Part numbers and also Qty options, these all reflect on the final pages.
- General bug fixes - just a couple of tweaks here and there to make the program run faster, and look cleaner and of course be more user friendly.
The program now basically does everything a printed quote book does and more. If you think about it, you are paying about 35-50 dollars a book to be 3 color printed and are restricted to buying a minimum of 10 books, you are paying about 350-500 dollars each time.
PDR Quote will eliminate this, and there are no ongoing fees, once bought you own it.
Here is some of the other benefits if you have not heard of PDR Quote yet.
- Mobile quoting system, on the spot quotes and invoices
- Faster turn around on jobs
- No quoting or paperwork at night
- Less likely for the client to shop and get a competitive quote
- Faster decisions
- Close more sales
- Appear more professional
- More jobs completed in a day
- Save time, save money
- One off cost for the system (no need to reorder quote books or paperwork)
CLICK HERE FOR LITE VERSION
There is also some video tutorials showing you how to do a few things on the iPhone.
I will be adding a few more including how to place your logo ect for best results, but all this will be explained in the new version.
It is in the final stages of testing now, so i expect it to be live early January. All the above features except for the Arnie upgrade will be a FREE Update for existing users.
Click here to watch tutorials
email me and tell me what you think
PDR QUICK TIP:
Give your glue tabs a quick tap with your finger after placement, to remove any air bubbles formed in the glue, this will help to bond the surfaces and give you a better chance of lifting the dent.
See you all next month,
Have a great XMAS!!
Remember Repetition is the mother of all skill